Monday, April 04, 2016

a little voice inside my head said don't look back, you can never look back

I should have gone to bed ages ago, particularly since it's my own bed...but when I got home I decided to take care of tings, and I didn't really take a break until I sat down with my computer an hour ago and immediately got lost in mindless internet activities.

However, today was all smooth sailing. I woke up around 7:45 (the earliest I got up during my time home), showered, and then ate breakfast with the family. We had a surprise special guest, since Aunt Becky came down to do some work on the property adjacent to my parents' land - so she ate breakfast with us, and I'm glad I got to see her before returning to the city of sin.

Then, I threw the last bits of stuff into my suitcase, bid a fond farewell to [censored], and went to the airport. My parents took me, as usual, and we said goodbye outside. I made it through security in less than five minutes, so I had time to grab some water and lounge about before boarding. I was surprisingly upgraded just as boarding began, so I was quite comfy on the flight...

...which resulted in me drinking two glasses of wine and reading the rest of JANE STEELE, which I *adored*. I hadn't quite finished when we landed, so I went immediately to the wine lounge and drank another glass of wine while finishing it. The book was truly excellent and quite satisfying overall, so if you're looking for a dark/fun Victorian mystery/romance, I recommend.

After that, everything seemed lackluster by comparison, including my own work, so I accidentally got a bit tipsy (I blame the altitude). Then I grabbed dinner at Cantina Grill, grabbed some coffee for the plane, and got to my gate just as they started boarding. I didn't get upgraded on that flight, but I alternated between drinking coffee/napping/reading (although I tried starting two different books and neither could hold a candle to the one I'd just finished, so that was a bummer) until we arrived.

Then I took a taxi home, made it here by 8pm, and so did my laundry, put away my suitcase, opened all my mail, etc., etc. If I only had some groceries, my place would be livable. But that's a struggle for another day - right now I need to sleep and hope that tomorrow is kind to me. Goodnight!

No comments: