Wednesday, April 13, 2016

so make sure the stars is what you aim for, make mistakes though

I'm falling asleep on my couch, which doesn't bode well for my coherency, nor does it bode well for tomorrow's writing session - but I'm going to try to recover. Today was a great combo of chill/relaxing + work + catching up with people, but I'm hoping I get some sleep tonight so I can hit it hard tomorrow.

Since I was up so late last night, I didn't get out of bed until nine this morning...and then I had an hour to eat, make coffee, do some work, etc., before calling my editor. We talked through some of the remaining stumbling blocks, and I feel like I have a solid plan, but we'll see whether that's true. Then I should have written a million words, but progress stalled because I did four loads of laundry and had to take care of that stuff instead.

But it's all good. When I was done for the day, I went to Contraband, where I met up with Lisa (who used to report to me) for coffee. She was in town for a couple of days and messaged me last night to see if I wanted to get together, which I did. So we talked about life and tech and careers, etc., and it was all great (albeit a reminder of the life I have, to some extent, given up).

Then I walked downtown and met Katrina for the more ridiculous part of the night - we went to Sephora and bought makeup with my 15% off card, which meant trying a lot of makeup (and me preaching the gospel of tinted moisturizer). Then we went to Kin Khao, where we had fancy Thai food (the mushroom terrine with rice cakes was really interesting and delicious; the calamari were delicious but a little too spicy for me; and the veg stir fry noodles were just right). I also had two glasses of rose, and we caught up on all the life events we've missed (which were a lot, since she went to Istanbul right before I went to Iowa and neither of us have gotten debriefed on any of it).

So that was all duly accomplished in style, and I had a great time hanging out. We finally parted ways and headed home, and I've been trying to write this blog post for half an hour and failing completely, so you'll have to take what I give you tonight. Goodnight!

No comments: