Thursday, December 15, 2016

baby baby baby, light my way

I should probably try to keep working tonight, but I think I've hit a moving wall...and since tomorrow morning is the only morning that I can sleep in (sans hangover), I think I'm going to go to bed and try to get as much sleep as possible. Today wasn't as productive as I'd intended for it to be, probably because I was so tired from yesterday. But I got up in time to take my car in to get the windshield chips fixed, and I had breakfast at a nearby cafe while they did that, so that was time well spent.

Then I ran to BevMo to steal some wine boxes (and, of course, bought some wine, because I'm an idiot - it will be slightly annoying carrying those bottles into hotels every night on my drive, but it will give me something to present to my hosts in Denver, and will give me something to enjoy for Christmas in Iowa). Then I came home and took a nap, because I couldn't anymore. And then I went to get my bangs trimmed - I finally had to tell my stylist that I'm leaving, and she didn't take it well. But I told her that I've booked her for a haircut when I'm back for forty-eight hours in January, and I think by the end she was on the road to forgiveness. We'll see, though - if she chops it all off in a grand gesture of revenge in January, I'll know that she didn't get over it as well as I'd hoped.

Then I went to my storage unit, dropped some stuff off, and picked up a rocking chair and an elephant lamp (everyone should have these things, right?). When I got home, I kept taking care of business until Vidya arrived - she took her work bus here, and then she plundered my canned goods and walked away with some bounty. She also discovered that the bottle of gold-filled champagne that she gave me for my birthday has a light at the bottom, which made it even more wonderful - now we both really want to drink it, but it will have to sit in an undisclosed location until I get back.

I drove her home, and we hauled the rocking chair and the elephant lamp inside, and then I said my adieus. When I got home, I meant to work as hard as possible, but I just don't have the energy tonight. So I did all the things that require my stepladder so I can put it in storage (although I just realized I was wrong about that - I need it for something I'm doing at the very end), and packed all my wine, etc., etc., but I still have a lot to do before the end.

But in forty-eight hours I'll be high on wine and life at my going-away party, and in seventy-two hours I'll (hopefully) be in Reno without too much of a hangover. Goodnight!

No comments: