Tuesday, December 13, 2016

when he come up in the club he be blazing up

I had intended to leave packing for the last minute so as not to overwhelm my apartment until it was necessary - but it appears that I miscalculated by about ten hours, given that I have so very much left to pack (as in, most of my kitchen) and so very little time (eight hours before the movers show up, and I'm too tired to pull an all-nighter).

However, I packed my eleven boxes of books, which is the most important thing anyway. And everything is pretty organized thus far - I probably have more stuff that I intend to take to Iowa than will fit comfortably in my car, but that's a problem for another day (i.e. Wednesday). Right now I need to go to bed and eke out five hours of sleep and then get as much done as possible before the movers show up. Wheeeeeeeeee.

Oh, but one fun thing happened - I had lunch with Gyre today, where we said our fond farewells (although I've done this to him before, and we continue to be friends, so hopefully I'll see him when I'm back in May). Of course, that was time I could have spent packing, but it was #worthit. Goodnight!

No comments: