Saturday, December 10, 2016

tonight we're drinking from the bottle

I have absolutely nothing of interest to report - I'm feeling some urgency about the move, which is all I've done today. I had to go to my storage unit and clear out my old (small, with just some stuff I should have donated awhile ago + some things I wanted to keep and didn't have room for here) and sign the paperwork for my new (much larger) storage unit. That took four hours, between the move/setup and the horrendous traffic getting back (3 miles in 35 minutes does not make me a happy camper). And I spent the last five hours digging through paperwork and sorting stuff and making sure that the things that are vital for either my trip or my financial records are all together and won't get lost in the move.

But I also had a delightful conversation with Katie this morning, and another delightful conversation with [censored] tonight, so it wasn't all drudgery. And I made myself a great omelette this morning (bacon, shallots, spinach, and pesto), and I had zucchini lasagna tonight that I'd frozen a month ago, so it also wasn't like I was suffering.

But I will be suffering tomorrow if I don't get some sleep - I have a lot to do, both socially and industriously, so I should get some rest. Goodnight!

No comments: