Friday, December 16, 2016

i got stamina

I just hit the wall, so I'm going to sleep and try to finish this fucking move tomorrow. I continue to be thrown off course by the sheer amount of socializing I want to do...while I did many hours of move-related stuff today, I also had lunch (in San Mateo, which sucked up a lot of driving time given the rain) with Anne, Barbara, and Carol to celebrate Anne's birthday and my departure. Lunch was delightful, but it feels like forever ago - some of it is hazy because I didn't have breakfast and was starving and couldn't eat the bread that tided the rest of them over while we waited an hour for our entrees. Bleh. But I'm glad I saw them, so it was #worthit.

Then I came home, with a stop at my storage unit, and traffic was abysmal. Once I got here, I packed for an hour, and then I went down to the Marina to see Chris and Leah at Nectar. I hadn't seen them in forever forever, and also Leah was collecting donations for a women's shelter, so I took some stuff that I needed to get rid of ([censored]: nothing exciting, don't worry). I had a glass of wine while talking to them, and while I probably should have been packing during that time, I'm glad I caught up with them.

Then I came home again for just long enough to grab some more stuff, and then I went over to Lauren's (aka Subz's) for girls' night in. She's storing a case of wine for me, and she laughed when I showed up, because I had the case of wine on my portable hand cart (the best investment ever) while holding my umbrella, and I declared myself the Mary Poppins of wine. You probably had to be there. We caught up and ate takeout Indian and drank some excellent merlot (Grgich Hills for the win), and she told me not to fall in love in Bali, and I'm going to miss her tremendously.

Then I came home yet again, and I packed for four hours straight. My kitchen is done (except for the fridge), and I am making progress on my clothes. I probably wouldn't be quite so stressed, but I have cleaners coming at 9am, and I have to drop my car off at my dealership to get it checked out for my trip at 8am, and that's six hours from now, and I want to have a lot more tidied up before the cleaners get here so I can take advantage of their expertise. So I'm going to get four hours of sleep, hit it hard in the morning, and then hopefully take a nap in the afternoon. This plan sounds terrible even as I say it, but it will all be over soon...so wish me luck with that. Goodnight!

No comments: