Tuesday, October 30, 2007

you don't have to choose

I have a smashing headache all of a sudden, so I think I should go to bed. Maybe the headache is brought on by sheer disappointment that I didn't feel the earthquake tonight - there was a 5.6 earthquake northeast of San Jose, and I didn't feel a damn thing. There was a moment where I felt lightheaded, but I thought it was just because I was hungry. It probably was, too, since I don't know if that was exactly when it occurred. Lame!

Or, perhaps it was from breathing the fumes of the mask that I made for my Halloween costume as I tried to figure out a way to affix it to my face. I don't think I can wear it much tomorrow, since it's rather heavy and difficult to talk through, but it will look good, so I suppose that's all that matters.

Today was a fine day at work - is it bad that I was happy that one of my direct reports was sick, since it meant I could reschedule our 1:1 and have one free hour during the day? Tomorrow promises to be more of the same - lots of meetings, starting at eight a.m., followed by the company Halloween party in the afternoon, followed by a vain attempt by me to get through the crushing amount of email still waiting in my inbox. The thought is making my headache get worse, so I think it's time for bed!

No comments: