Tuesday, April 14, 2009

seems you found a better fish

This is a four minute (or less) post, since I just got home ten minutes ago and I need to be on the road again in less than eight hours to make it back down to the peninsula for a seven a.m. meeting. Luckily, the reason I got home so late had nothing to do with work -- I had dinner with Tolu, Lizzie, and Jane. We all met way back in the day when we started working, and while Lizzie and Jane have escaped, we still get together to renew our friendship occasionally. Tonight we renewed at Coconuts in Palo Alto -- it's a Jamaican place, and I give it two enthusiastic thumbs up. My jerk salmon was delicious, as were the mashed potatoes that came with it; the jerk chicken, oxtail, fried plantain, and sweet potato fries that I tried off others' plates were also v. tasty. Best of all, the place's menu lists "big tings", "small tings", "kids tings", etc., which makes me laugh since "tings" is one of Adit's favorite words. I shall have to go back soon!

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, but I'm tired, tense, and annoyed. I did manage to write for 45 minutes between work and dinner, so I'm happy about that, but I was just cranky today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, but that will depend on a) whether my seven a.m. meeting is actually worthwhile, since seven a.m.'s rarely feel like they were worth the pain, and b) whether the cafe restores the Diet Coke machine to fully working order. I shall see about both of these things much sooner than I would like to, and my four minutes are up, so it's time for bed!

No comments: