Monday, November 09, 2009

there's a story in my eyes...turn the pages of desire

This is a four-minute post. I was in a terrible mood at work for absolutely no good reason; the problem, I think, is that I am all aflame with ideas for my book, and sitting in the office directly stops all progress on the writing. Then again, it also keeps me fed and clothed and shod and all those other good things (shod is particularly important, given my love of shoes), so I should stop complaining. I should also stop procrastinating while I'm there; I was just so not looking forward to anything on my to-do list today that I found it exceedingly difficult to concentrate. I need to snap out of this fast; my new job is too demanding to do more than a couple of days' worth of procrastinating, and I hate to fail.

But, I succeeded in leaving at five (not exactly a rebellion, since I got there at eight). I promptly went to Starbucks near my old slummy apartment in Mountain View (the one of Walter fame, with the crazy landlord and the illegal car repair service run by our neighbors in the carports beneath their apartments). The apartment may have sucked, but the Starbucks was v. nice, and I sat there for an hour and wrote a blog post for the group blog I'm a part of with my fellow Golden Heart finalists. I would link to it from here, but the group blog posts trackbacks to any blog that links to it, and while I'm not particularly good at keeping my alter ego and my real-life persona completely separate, I don't want to explicitly link it there either. So, you'll just have to visit my romance website (linked above), click on 'latest posts', and link to it from there if you're curious.

I came home, ate some black bean soup that I stole from work and finished the cut tomatoes, cucumbers, pita and hummus from yesterday while I got the blog up and going. Then I did some desultory other work, sent a long email to my agent with more ideas about my upcoming manuscripts, etc. while listening to Survivor's "I Can't Hold Back" on endless repeat. Now, though, the four minutes are up, and I have to get up early if I'm going to accomplish stuff tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: