Friday, November 27, 2009

all i know is we're not getting paid tonight

I should have gone to bed hours ago; I tend to procrastinate and do nothing when I'm at home, and this break has been no exception. However, today was lovely; it was Thanksgiving, of course, which meant feasting. I was thrilled and honored that my mother trusted me enough to organize the relish tray, since such heavy responsibility implies that she approves of (or at least tolerates) my eye for organization, presentation and balance. I also mixed up the corn casserole before showering and getting dressed, but she did virtually everything else -- turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, plus the corn casserole, the rolls I made earlier in the week, my sister's deviled eggs, and some wrapped pickles that I despise but that my brother and nieces at all of, and the pumpkin pie finale. Verily, it was a feast, and we have enough leftovers that I have a strong prediction of what we will eat tomorrow.

All in all, there were eleven people at dinner (and dinner was at 1pm in good midwestern style) -- my parents, me, my brother, grandmother, sister, brother-in-law, two nieces, one nephew, and one grand-niece. Gram left shortly after lunch, but my sister and her family stayed until after five. Sammi seemed to sleep through most of the afternoon, but I spent some quality time tying tinsel into Allie's hair, and Michael and I took turns playing with Jaicee. It was all v. nice, but it was also good to return to silence when everyone left; this allowed us to watch 'Survivor', 'CSI', and 'The Mentalist' in peace. I also spent some quality time with my laptop, continuing the quest to find a good database solution. But, I shall not bore you with the details -- instead, I should go to bed.

I hope that you all had lovely Thanksgivings and were able to spend it with someone special. Thanks for reading, and here's looking forward to another year of inane posts and senseless ramblings :) Goodnight!

No comments: