Saturday, November 28, 2009

can't do this to me baby

This is a four-minute post, if that. Today was for the most part completely uneventful; I dragged myself out of bed at a respectable hour, and then spent a couple of hours hanging around the kitchen with my parents (mostly my mother, since my father and brother spent the day working on my brother's house). I took a bath around 1pm, ate a turkey sandwich, and then my mom and I went into town to see my brother's house. Neither of them were there (sneaky), but I did drive around the outside, and progress has clearly been made. Then, I proceeded to waste the afternoon away trying to come up with a Christmas list -- I am becoming harder and harder to shop for, and the lack of space in my current apartment doesn't help matters.

We had Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner, and it was all close to as good as it was yesterday. Then, we engaged in some family bonding, playing two games of hearts; I won the first set, and Michael won the second, likely because our parents were virtually falling asleep over their cards. After we finished playing, I kept making my list, and I paid some bills and did other administrative things so that I won't have to do them on Sunday.

Now, I should go to bed -- my flight back to California is tomorrow night, so I don't want to sleep the whole day away. I should be on the ground on the west coast by this time tomorrow; it's gone way too fast! Luckily, I'll be back in three weeks, so I won't mourn too much. Goodnight!

No comments: