Wednesday, November 04, 2009

promote synergies

The time change is really wreaking havoc with my sleep schedule -- or perhaps I'm just feeling slightly overworked and so am tiring more easily. I suppose it's understandable that I'm ready to go to bed, since I made it down to Mountain View for a 7:30am meeting and then was really busy all day. I had a nice break around 4:30 for coffee with a few members of my old old team (Tolu, Vickie, and Erin), which was great; they were the team that I was on before I went on leave (almost two years ago, hard to believe). Then, I managed to take an hour or so out tonight to have a cafe au lait and write at Cafe Borrone, hitting approximately six pages and nearly meeting my NaNoWriMo goal for the day. I'm really proud of that; rather than throwing in the towel and going home like I wanted to, I forced myself to be as productive as possible with the writing for a concentrated burst of time, and it really paid of. NaNoWriMo is really helping to get me back on track with Madeleine and Ferguson -- hopefully I'll have a first draft by the end of the month!

But, when I came home, I worked for a couple of hours; the big boss is in Singapore/Indonesia, so I get requests from her at odd times, and I had some stuff that I had to deal with tonight. I have another handful of things that I should have done tonight as well, but I'm going to try going to bed and getting up early. It's always a dangerous approach since I have a nasty habit of hitting snooze for as long as possible, but hopefully I will remember all these pressing things when I wake up in the morning. Now, though, it's time for bed!

Oh, that reminds me -- Natasha suggested today that perhaps I should come up with a new tagline; I usually close with 'it's time for bed' because blogging is the last thing I do before I go to sleep, bu perhaps I need something snappier like "here's looking at you" or "that's the way it was" or "yippee-ai-oh, mini sirloin burgers". Suggestions?

No comments: