Wednesday, November 18, 2009

wait a couple months then you gonna see, you'll never find nobody better than me

It is way past my bedtime; yes, it's only 10:40ish, but since I just got home twenty minutes ago and have to be back in Mountain View by 7:30am, sleep is imperative. However, overall today was a great day; we successfully concluded the three-day offsite that I had planned, and the feedback was generally positive, so that made me happy. Of course, I have a ton of work stemming from the discussions in these meetings, but c'est la vie.

Actually, I shouldn't use a French phrase; I planned a two-hour break this afternoon so that the Irish contingent at the offsite could go to a sports bar and watch the Ireland vs. France World Cup qualifier, and Ireland lost (and so missed out on a World Cup berth) on a bit of v. questionable referring in extra time. That's simplifying things as bit, as even if the French goal hadn't counted the teams would have been forced to do penalty kicks rather than Ireland winning outright, but the Irish guys came back v. sad. However, we bounced back, ended the day on a positive note, and had dinner at Reposado in downtown Palo Alto. I've never been there; it was tasty, but it was definitely overpriced, overgourmet Mexican food. It was delicious, of course, and since we expensed the dinner, I wasn't complaining. I especially wasn't complaining when I drove home and saw an Orkin car parked outside the Taco Bell in my neighborhood -- not exactly the relationship you want to see flourishing, even if it's a good thing that Taco Bell is taking care of whatever Orkin was there to do at 10:30pm.

That's all you get from me tonight -- goodnight!

No comments: