Sunday, July 06, 2014

needle in the hay

First, I would like to state for the record that if you have noticed an unusual number of typos recently, it's because I have been writing my posts on my phone or ipad instead of on my laptop. I actually didn't have anything to drink on Friday and only a glass of wine on Saturday, but the autocorrect and other smartphone typing issues made me sound like I was ragingly drunk both nights. My apologies for the degraded quality of my entries - while I can't promise to do better in the future, please be assured that typos are almost certainly not an indication of the state of my blood alcohol level.

sssanyway, today was utterly lazy - I slept late, ate breakfast at my hotel, packed my stuff, and drove back to the evil city. Then I was going to write all afternoon, but instead I took a long nap, talked to my family for quite some time, and generally lazed about and indulged my headache and vague, exhausted malaise. I was supposed to have dinner with Tammy, but I bailed and rescheduled for tomorrow. Instead, I continued to laze about, although I did get my ipad set up with my new portable keyboard and a new method of syncing between Scrivener (my writing software), Dropbox, and a text app for the iPad so that I can work on Thorington all the time without having to lug around my laptop and destroy my shoulder in the process. This is, hopefully, a v. good thing, even if the keyboard (upon which I am typing now) is ridiculously small even for my ridiculously small, childlike hands. But if I have to alternate between sparing my back by carrying this around, then sparing my wrists by switching to the laptop, so be it.

But now I must sleep since I have this thing called the day job tomorrow, which requires some level of productivity and general availability. I know, life is hard. Goodnight!

No comments: