Tuesday, July 08, 2014

danced to death in an eastside nightclub

I had such an arduous day - it's a wonder I survived it. I woke up at seven(ish), put on workout clothes, and then did work for the day job for two hours. Then I drove to the south bay and trained with Alyssa - my toe, as it turns out, is still broken and is hurting more than it did last week (thanks, no doubt, to my wedding dancing + walking around in flipflops), so I have eschewed my vanity and gone back to wearing the boot. But Alyssa helped me to work out despite my toe and the attendant problems my flipflop-wearing is causing (now my knee hurts as well, but that's all I'll say for fear of sounding like a hypochondriac octogenarian).

After training, I went to work, showered, dolled myself up, and watched the Brazil/Germany game - I think I put more effort into my makeup than Brazil did into prepping for this game (yes, that's a burn). But a coworker had made me gluten-free brownies, so that was much appreciated. And it was still vaguely fun to watch, but not really, since one of my team members is Brazilian and it was obviously rather upsetting for her. It didn't help that she has an eye infection and appeared to be crying even before Germany scored seven goals.

But the game ended, eventually, like all mercy killings do. And so I worked the rest of the afternoon, then made some coffee and survived the interminable drive home. Once here, I sat at my desk for five minutes, then went to Des Amis, where I was reunited with Kathia. I hadn't seen her in over a month, which is far too long, and so we had a ton of stuff to catch up on. And catch up we did, over a bottle of my favorite wine (it was half-off bottle Tuesday!), some steak, and the dessert and extra wine my favorite manager and waiter conspired to give us.

And now, properly stuffed and vaguely intoxicated, I should sleep and recover for tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: