Wednesday, July 09, 2014

you need a girl with electrical hair

I'm super tired tonight...I don't think any amount of sleep is enough to catch up on the recovery my body is failing to do with my a) toe and b) last week's epic excursion with Adit, followed by the wedding and last night's wine extravaganza with Kathia. I may be getting old. But today was fine; I woke up around seven, showered, took my car to the dealer for its 90k checkup (although I'd gotten to 95k on the car before bothering) and some factory recalls, and then took the shuttle to work. Once there, I slogged all day, but I took a break to get lunch (some weird chicken salad and some even weirder soup) - of course, between walking to lunch, walking to/from the shuttle, and walking to dinner tonight, I'm perhaps overexerting the broken toe, but I'm going to pretend that it needs to be used to heal properly. Ha.

Anyway, I then slogged all afternoon, although I saw some of the v. boring Argentina/Netherlands game. I left the office around 5:30, napped on the shuttle home, had dinner with Terry (tacos, yay), and am now going to sleep so that I don't die tomorrow. I have to pick up my car from the dealership before going to the South Bay - luckily nothing was wrong with it, but the factory recall around the rear suspension arm does affect me (they found the telltale rust pattern that seems to precede death or something), so I'm going to have to take it back next week. Stupid. But at least I took care of it, I suppose. Goodnight!

No comments: