Friday, July 18, 2014

the only thing that waits is overconfidence

I'm super tired; staying up with Walter last night was worth it, but this morning was brutal. But I made it down to Palo Alto in time to train with Alyssa; I may be sore tomorrow, since I set a new personal best on deadlifts (175lbs! my peasant genes are coming in handy), but that was v. satisfying. Then I went to work, showered v. quickly, had some meetings, and decompressed from my meetings by working on a puzzle over lunch. Yes, I'm still an octogenarian despite my deadlift skillz.

In the afternoon, I had more meetings; this should not surprise you. Then I met up with Heather (aka dear respected madam), and we caught up for a v. necessary three hours or so. After we had vented all that we could vent, I drove back to the evil city (through evil traffic) and had dinner with Terry at Des Amis. I didn't order wine tonight since I'm still detoxing, but the chef sent out a v. tasty little bit of salad for each of us with goat cheese and cantaloupe, so I guess I'm still in their good graces. Then I came home, messed around on the internet, and now desperately need to sleep so that I can get a lot done tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: