Saturday, October 04, 2014

undo what heredity's done to you

Hello Germany! I continue to hate you as much as I always have, but today was admittedly fun. I somehow, miraculously, got seven+ hours of sleep last night, and other than a single moment of falling asleep at a bar tonight, I seem to have done better with jetlag then I ever have. But I managed to drag myself out of bed, into the shower, and downstairs in time to meet Dave so that we could go to the airport to pick up Tomas and Lillian.

That turned out to be mostly a shitshow - since we had given them a very non ideal place to meet, we spent an hour walking around + waiting for them. This got on my last nerve, since I'd already spent more time than I wanted to at Frankfurt airport the day before. But we eventually rendezvoused, then drove to Heidelberg, which was magical.

And by that I mean we walked around and drank. We had a late lunch at a delicious Indian place, then went to the castle. I'd already seen it with Chandlord, but it was worth going again. We had a bottle of wine at the castle, which was v delightful, and we had fun trying to take new author photos for me, which was ridiculous.

Then we went to old town Heidelberg and had a sausage feast (like, many many sausages on top of a bed of fried potatoes), followed by more wine, followed by gelato, followed by another bottle of wine (at which point I fell asleep briefly, but I rallied). And now I must sleep before I die - goodnight!

No comments: