Wednesday, October 01, 2014

i've got some secrets i forgot to mention

I'm going to Germany tomorrow! Yay!! It's amusing to me that I'm so excited about Germany given that I have v. hit or miss memories of that place (ulcers, love parades, concentration camps vs. weddings, love parades, castles). So, we'll see whether this German trip holds happiness or heartbreak...I'm predicting a mix of both, as it always is, but overlaid and undercut by a steady diet of wurst and alcohol. Yum.

Seriously, though, I'm v. excited, and looking forward to this trip is all that's gotten me through the last few weeks. The group I'm going early with is super fun, and the event I'm going to after is kind of a boondoggle, so that's all going to be awesome. But today was more of the same, although I worked from home so that I didn't have to deal with the commute. I worked on day job stuff very diligently until fiveish (with a break to buy a sandwich and an iced latte like a real person rather than someone who is fed for free all the time), and then I spent the evening packing, with a break to have dinner with Terry. And now I shall sleep...goodnight!

No comments: