Monday, October 27, 2014

until the love runs out

I wanted to go to bed forty-five minutes ago (yes, at nine p.m., I'm old), but I made the mistake of checking my work email, and so I got sucked in until now. Today was decent, but I find it impossible to believe that it's only Monday - surely it must be Wednesday, given how much I've done already? I woke up at 5:45, was a bit sluggish getting ready, and so didn't get out the door until 6:40ish - which would have been fine except I forgot that I was out of gas. So by the time I filled up and made it out of the city, my commute took an hour and a half. Sucks.

But I slogged incessantly from 8:20 to 4:15ish, with nary a break in sight (although I did get coffee, but those of us who got coffee talked about work the whole time, so it doesn't count). Then I drove home, took care of house chores, and went to Des Amis, where I finally got the breakthrough I was looking for in terms of writing productivity and finished one of the scenes that was blocking me. YES.

And now I'm going to go to bed, get up super early, and write before taking meetings from home and then going to the gym - wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: