Thursday, October 23, 2014

don't you dare look back, just keep your eyes on me

Today was entirely annoying, with the exception of one glorious hour of writing I accomplished at the office before work. I woke up at 5:40ish, was out the door by 6:25, and so had time at the office to think about my own stuff before the slog began.

But when the slog finally did begin, it was mostly brutal. I did have a break for a team lunch, and I snuck away to have coffee by myself later while doing some annoying tasks (although someone crashed my coffee party, but I guess I'll survive). Then I had a team meeting, and I got out of there at 4:25 with the intention of enjoying the city...

...but instead, my commute took ninety minutes, and I arrived to a missed call from my boss + texts from multiple people in regards to some fairly annoying task that suddenly blew up. No big deal, but it meant I worked from six to ten, with a v. brief break for a waxing appointment. This was a real bummer, since I had planned to go out and eat and drink and be merry (or at least write), and instead I ordered a pizza and grew gradually more stabby as the evening progressed.

But whatever - they pay me for my expertise at making order out of chaos, and there hadn't been any chaos in awhile, so I was probably overdue. And now I'm going to go to bed and hope they don't blow up more overnight, since I'd like to write in the morning before working. Wish me luck with that - goodnight!

No comments: