Saturday, October 25, 2014

we'll never be royals

Today was a very long day that went about as opposite as I could have planned for it. If there's any benefit to the work situation I was dealing with last night, it's that it may have gotten me back onto my normal schedule - I went to bed later, and so I didn't get out of bed until a little after seven this morning. Shocking, I know. But as soon as I got out of bed, I spent the entire day until approximately five p.m. dealing with work stuff. The only two breaks I took (a shower + walking down the street to get coffee; eating leftover pizza and making tea don't seem to count) were both interrupted by phone calls, and I spent the rest of the time staring mindlessly at my laptop.

This was all v. annoying, because I had grand plans to write for a couple of hours before work and then take care of a bunch of stuff that I've been putting off at work. Ugh. But I did finally stop working at five, and I went to Sabrosa and ate tacos and read through what I wrote over the past couple of days. But I wasn't feeling looking at a small screen, so I instead looked at a large screen and watched most of the baseball game. Then I came home, still didn't want to look at a screen, and so reread one of my favorite comfort books (a Robin McKinley fantasy) to try to clear my head of work so that I can slog all weekend and hopefully (fingers crossed) get Thorington out into the world.

But to do that, I need sleep - goodnight!

No comments: