Wednesday, October 29, 2014

take aim and reload

My midwestern soul is feeling a bit like I betrayed the cause, but I was all in on the Giants today. I got up super early, was out the door by 6:40, and then ended up stuck behind an accident, so it took me an hour and twenty minutes to get to work. Ugh. But I wrote Thorington for an hour and totally loved what I got done, so that was great. Then I had breakfast with Dave, who happened to run across me at Coffee Lab - I may have voluntarily eaten quinoa for breakfast, but in my defense it came with some delicious poached eggs and sausage, so I'll take it. Also, it was free, which I have clearly forgotten is an incredible luxury.

Then I went to my building and slogged excessively all day. It was mostly meetings, but they were mostly good, so at least there's that. I left the meetings at five and went to the gym (I KNOW), mostly because it was one of the only places with tvs on campus, and I wanted to watch the game but didn't want to suffer through another two-hour commute. So I spent 75 minutes on the treadmill, watching the game, talking to the coworker I met there, and generally sweating more than I should have since I was being an all-star roommate and wearing the sweater that Terry had insisted I wear again today.

But it seems to have worked! I gave up on the treadmill at 6:30ish, gave up on the idea of dinner when I saw the lines, ate some cereal, left at seven, and was home by eight, so clearly leaving later was way better. I got back during the eighth inning, which meant I got to enjoy the last bit of the game with Terry, and it was all totally lovely. Now I'm hatching plans (or rather, going along with plans) to move some of my Friday meetings up to SF so we can go to the parade - sounds like a good idea, right?

Now, though, I desperately need sleep, particularly if I want to follow through with my plan of dressing up for work halloween tomorrow (which may or may not happen - I'm not feeling it right now, but maybe I'll change my mind in the morning). Goodnight!

No comments: