Thursday, October 16, 2014

some nights i wish that my lips could build a castle

I managed to get through today without hitting the jetlag wall too hard, which is kind of a miracle since I went to bed at nine last night and woke up at 4:30am this morning. I laid in bed for forty minutes or so trying to sleep, and I may have dozed just a bit, but by 5:15ish I threw in the towel and got up, showered, put on a cute dress, did my hair, etc. Getting out the door at 6:20 proved to be amazing, since the drive took less than an hour - but despite how amazing it was, this isn't a feat I particularly care to reaccomplish anytime soon.

But even though I got up so early, I made it through work in surprisingly fine form. I worked on Thorington for an hour over breakfast and then had meetings most of the day, but I took a nice lunch break to grab food with some coworkers, followed by coffee (iced latte with an extra shot) to try to keep myself caffeinated. I wasn't particularly productive beyond my meetings, but that was to be expected, I think.

And I knew I had to conserve my energy for dinner with my team - we went to Cascal, where we ate a lot of tapas-type things. The conversation was generally v. entertaining and we got to enjoy the outdoor patio, so it was all quite lovely. Then I drove Andrew back to the city with me, and we reached city just in time to see the fireworks they shot off to celebrate the Giants' victory, so that was cool.

Now, though, I'm desperate to sleep, and I hope I get eight or nine hours without waking up in the middle of the night...but it seems unlikely. Goodnight!

No comments: