Wednesday, March 23, 2016

there's an old voice in my head that's holding me back (well tell her that i miss our little talks)

I have a car coming to pick me up in less than five hours, so I should probably go to bed immediately if I have any hope of being productive (or even coherent) on the plane tomorrow. I'm going to ye olde Iowa for a week with the family, which should be a good break from San Francisco - not that I should need a break from San Francisco, since I haven't been here for more than three consecutive weeks since June/July, I think. But still, I'm looking forward to some #smalltownlife, so I need to go to bed and not sleep through my alarm.

But today was a great last day in SF, even if I didn't write a million words. I woke up later than I should have and did business-type stuff in the morning. Then, I went to both of my salons - today was supposed to be the recuperation day after finishing my book, but I didn't finish yesterday, so I didn't totally feel like I deserved pampering today. But I had to get it done - my first stop was my eyebrow/facial lady, who tamed my eyebrows and also declared that my skin was the most stressed/reactive that she's ever seen it (it looks fine to a casual observer, but I apparently got fast-acting hives when she waxed my eyebrows, so it's secretly a stressed-out mess - which I guess could be a metaphor for my life, but I'll pretend I didn't say that). And I love seeing her, so that was super fun anyway.

Then I went to another salon to get my hair cut - that woman used to be at the same salon as my facial person, but she has now gone into business for herself in a different location. I got her to chop off multiple inches and add some more aggressive layers, which I'm pretty happy with at the moment - it's not short by any means, but it feels different than what I've been doing, which is what I wanted. I also really like her, so my afternoon was basically filled with beauty rituals and gossip, which makes me a great Regency lady even though I'm probably not a great modern-era lady.

Then I came home and packed for my trip, and took care of dishes and trash and all sorts of things. And then I walked to Fillmore, where I wrote for half an hour (but came up with a great idea for something, so that was awesome). Then, I had a long, leisurely dinner with Lauren (aka Subz) at Fresca. We hadn't seen each other since right before I went to Hawaii, and then she went to Hawaii, and so we had a ton to catch up on. This was accomplished over two glasses of wine and a delish salad starter, and I had paella to get some rice in before going back to the midwest. Seeing Lauren makes my soul happy, so this was well worth doing even though I should have been in bed by ten instead of climbing into a lyft then.

But c'est la vie - now I am going to sleep for four hours, throw on some clothes, and go to the airport. Wish me smooth flying and no delays - goodnight!

No comments: