Tuesday, March 01, 2016

those days are over, you don't have to sell your body to the night

So much for detox...I had half a bottle of champagne, a shot of bourbon, and two glasses of wine, and a v. long lunch and a lovely showing of 'Zoolander 2' and some shared barbecue after. But I vowed to detox in March, so technically this was all allowed!

But first, to recap. I spent the morning working v. v. diligently and focusedly (that's apparently not a word) thanks to brain.fm. It's also possible I killed a homeless person and don't remember it - the music is that good. Then I showered and went down to Ghirardelli Square (where I never go) to have lunch with a combo of people from my old place of employment + romance writers. This was pretty fun, even if it wasn't probably the best use of my time ever - but that's where I had half a bottle of champagne, and a v. v. tasty seafood cobb salad, and the conversation was fun. So I'll take it.

Then I came home, took a long nap (life is hard), and worked for a couple more hours. I had to scurry to get ready for my evening plans after that - John and I had made plans last week to see Zoolander 2 and weren't able to because we had dinner with Adit, Ritu, et al instead, so we went tonight. But we had both heard it was terrible, so we met at Whisky Thieves and had a shot of bourbon first. That was v. nearly undrinkable for me - I really can't shoot very well anymore because my body instinctually rejects pain, and so I mostly sipped it, which probably resulted in less immediate pain but more cumulative pain (especially when John made me laugh and I snorted some of it into my nasal cavity).

sssanyway. We then went to the movie, and I don't know if it was the bourbon or that all the critics are so wrong about so many things (see: Sahara, King Arthur, Day After Tomorrow), but I thought the movie was awesome. Okay, it was probably terrible. But I laughed a lot, and thought some of it was genuinely funny, even if they went a little overboard on the celebrity cameos. And I would watch it again, but it can't replace the first Zoolander in my heart.

After the movie, we went to Bitters Bock and Rye and split some barbecue (brisket - not bad, but not the best ever), and I had a couple of glasses of wine. Then we went to Rye (unrelated), but we ended up not having another drink because we were both falling asleep. So I came home and should have blogged an hour ago, but instead I took a nap on the couch because if I had blogged then, it would have been total hallucinatory nonsense liked all of my falling-asleep posts are.

So now that I've gotten through this without making too big of a mess of myself, I'm going to go to bed and hope that sleep restores me - goodnight!

No comments: