Wednesday, March 16, 2016

you know it used to be mad love

I have run away to an undisclosed location to finish this fucking book - I still have so much to do that I'm not totally confident that I'll hit my deadline, but I am going to give it my best attempt. Of course, once I'm "done" I'll have a month of editing madness, which is a whole different type of craziness...but getting through the rest of this draft is the first step.

However, today wasn't as productive from a writing standpoint as it probably should have been. I had to spend the morning packing and getting ready for business-type stuff, and then I drove to San Rafael to meet with my new CPA. I really liked him, and he's pretty familiar with writing-related taxes (he does taxes for several of my writer friends), so I think it will be good to get his perspective going forward (and he okayed writing Bora Bora off if I write SPINSTER HONEYMOON, so that's a big thumbs up - I thought it would be okay since I got a lot of research/story development done there, but it's always good to have a legit opinion).

After that, I drove up to Sonoma (err, my undisclosed location), checked into my hotel, and spent three hours writing in the bar while drinking a couple of glasses of pinot noir and eating a v. early dinner. But by 8pm I wasn't feeling so well - I'm super tired, and getting enough sleep is pretty imperative if I'm going to get through the mental disaster that is trying to write the end of a book. So I came back to my room, unpacked, and took a break from the laptop to watch TV. I haven't watched live TV since I was in Iowa over the holidays, so I turned on Food Network and spent a couple of hours doing absolutely nothing - and it makes me wonder why I don't do that a little more often. But I know the answer to that, since I've been crazy forever.

sssanyway. Now I am going to go to bed early, sleep as long as I want, and then hit it as hard as possible tomorrow. Wish me luck - goodnight!

No comments: