Saturday, March 05, 2016

i guess you didn't care, and i guess i liked that

I was pretty hermity today, and it was a good reminder that I often am not any more productive on the hermit days than I am on the non-hermit days. Granted, I was more productive today than I have been in ages, but that could easily be attributed to the fact that I was sober, not hungover, and not in the middle of packing for / unpacking after / going on a trip. In other words, you'll be shocked to know that it's easier to get shit done when I'm mostly healthy and mostly in one place. I know, I'm shocked too.

Anyway, I spent the morning working in bed, which I'm quite enjoying - the geriatric movable bed frame is paying off. I drank the last of my kona coffee, did a bit of social media stuff (I'm trying to force myself to post to facebook every day - I have almost 2000 fans there, and I should theoretically engage with them, but I hate fb so much...), took care of some emails, and wrote for a couple of hours. And the writing that I got done was good, or at least good enough.

But I eventually had to drag myself out of bed, eat some lunch, and shower before going to get my nails done. I had gel on my fingers that had to be removed, so I got a regular manicure and pedicure and talked to one of my favorite manicurists (Mimi) about her upcoming trip to visit family in Vietnam. I also sat around for quite some time to let my nails dry, since I usually screw them up immediately. Then I came home and sat on the couch until my grocery delivery arrived (I'm so spoiled, but #noregrets).

I decided to dash to Philz then to get more ground coffee so that I can make coffee at home in the morning - it's supposed to rain for the next few days, and I didn't want to have to walk to a coffee shop in the morning when it was still dry tonight. So I got my coffee, came home, and cooked dinner - I fried up some bacon, boiled some eggs, cooked some chicken, and cut up an avocado, some blue cheese, and some lettuce to make a cobb salad. It turned out beautifully, although I forgot the tomatoes, which would have added something, and next time I probably won't cook the chicken in the bacon grease since it made it almost too rich (given the whole salad is basically fat with some protein and a bit of lettuce for color, I didn't need more grease). But all in all, it was super tasty, and probably better for me than the chicken nachos I had originally intended to make.

Then I was going to write some more, but I realized I was hitting the wall, so I read another book for the RITAs instead - I have three more to go between now and Monday, so this was a good use of time. Sadly the book sucked, so I skimmed most of the second half (and it was clear the editor skimmed most of the second half as well, since it was riddled with typos and grammatical errors, as well as errors in titles/forms of address (a duke is never addressed as 'lord' - in other words, the Duke of Cambridge would never be called Lord Cambridge)....and this book was published by an actual publisher, not selfpub, so I'm striking that publisher off the list of people I would ever consider working with).

sssanyway. Now that I am reminded that total garbage can be published (and get at 4.5 average rating on Amazon, which slays me), perhaps I'll be a little less precious about my own writing and the words will come faster tomorrow. Or maybe my smugness will choke me in my sleep, idk. It's time to find out either way - goodnight!

No comments: