Thursday, March 03, 2016

don't be a fool for the city nights...i know it's cool but it's only light

I woke up today feeling way way better than yesterday - it's amazing what sleep + drinking water instead of alcohol will do for you. But I still chose to work in bed for a couple of hours, which went really well, so if it's raining tomorrow morning (as it is likely to do), I'll probably hole up in bed with my laptop rather than venturing out to a coffee shop.

But that's tomorrow...let's talk about today. I worked for a couple of hours this morning, and then I showered and sped down to Palo Alto to check the post office box I have there to make sure I wasn't missing any tax documents (answer: no). But I didn't feel like I wasted the trip because I then had lunch at Joanie's, which I adore - their cobb salad is perhaps the best anywhere, and I enjoyed every last bite of it while talking to the hostess, who told me about her adventures in learning to play baseball as an adult. Yay for continuing to be remembered by all the staff at Joanie's despite only going there every few months now.

Then I sped up to San Mateo for a writing date - I got there early to chat with Barbara about some business-y stuff, and then Anne and Poppy showed up and we all wrote for a couple of hours. It wasn't the most productive session ever, since we fell into gossip (which stopped again when I abruptly said I needed to leave, which guilted them into working again and guilted me into staying for another forty-five minutes). But I got through a lot of what I wanted to get through today, so I'm happy with my progress.

Then I failed to speed home because traffic was already bad, but I made it home despite that. And then I should have done a million things, but I fell into some procrastinatory things instead - I think I was still tired from the last few days because I really just wanted a nap, but I watched youtube videos and was surly and forced myself to stay awake. But I spent the last hour and a half messing around with my journal and my planner and considering Rafe and Octavia, so it all ended up good.

And now I shall sleep, and hope that tomorrow is more productive - it's the first day in ages where I don't have anywhere to be (other than a pedicure, tough life) and/or won't wake up hungover, so I'm pretty excited about that. Goodnight!

No comments: