Saturday, March 26, 2016

but let your love even with my life decay

Shakespeare is not my usual homeboy for blog titles, but I've been writing for hours and hours and that's the first thing I could come up with, so you'll have to deal with it.

Today was a v. v. productive first day in Iowa - I wanted to get my manuscript to my editor today (it was supposed to be there Monday, but I wasn't ready Monday, and then Tues-Thurs were mostly eaten up by prepping for travel, getting stranded, and recovering). It's not totally complete - I'm missing a bunch of scenes in the endgame, I think. But I got to the point where I had something to send her that I thought would be useful to get feedback on - I always tend to want feedback before writing the end so that I make sure the beginning/middle are strong enough to carry the book. So this is actually par for the course with me.

sssanyway. I got up around ten this morning, and I went upstairs and ate a snack and made some iced coffee before commencing the slog. I ended up writing from 11ish to 4:30ish, with a break for some lunch, and I was happy with what I'd gotten done, but I still had a lot to do before the end. However, I took a break for supper (early), and then took a quick shower and watched the Cyclones game - sadly, they lost (without ever being ahead), which was an unfortunate end to their season. But it was good to watch the game, so I'm glad I took the break.

Then I made myself some tea, returned to my room, procrastinated for a bit, and then wrote from 11pm to 3am before sending the manuscript off to the editor. And now my eyes are falling out of my head, and I need to sleep if I have any hope of being coherent tomorrow when I ignore the laptop in favor of doing family stuff. Goodnight!

No comments: