Thursday, September 04, 2008

i'm a lead farmer

I'm so happy - I finally conned someone into seeing a movie with me! In this case, the victims were Adit and Oniel, and the weapon was 'Tropic Thunder', the latest offering from Ben Stiller and company. Like many of Ben Stiller's recent movies, it was somewhat inconsistent, but there were a few absolutely hysterical parts. I also thought that Robert Downey, Jr., did a great job with his part; in general, the satire on actors was pretty good. Tom Cruise's role maybe wasn't such a wise move on his part, since everyone seems to think that he's crazy, and his role in this movie is probably a little too close to what people imagine he's actually like in private, but it was still entertaining in a sort of horrifying, can't-look-away kind of way.

It was lovely to see the boys as well. We had some delicious crepes before the movie, and then Adit took care of me -- but where my mother would probably hope that he was looking out for me by walking me home or something, he actually looked out for me by bringing a flask of rum and dumping almost the entire thing in our coke at the movie theatre. Yay. It actually didn't affect me much at all, which was v. surprising; maybe the sheer giddiness of actually convincing someone to see a movie with me, after the string of dismal failures I've subjected them to over the years, was enough to keep me sober.

The rest of my day was fairly uneventful; I worked, of course, and also had my second set of allergy shots for the week. Because of the reaction I had on Tuesday, the tech split one of my shots, which means I got three shots today -- two in the left arm, one in the right. Turns out it's the stuff in the shot that went into the right arm that I'm reacting to -- the grasses. This is not very surprising, given that my skins burns and swells up if I spend too long lying in the grass, let alone having concentrated grass allergens injected in my arm. This doesn't bode well, though, since I reacted to the third-least-intense dose, and I have 20-30 to go before I'm anywhere close to being done. Boo.

I'm looking forward to the weekend -- it looks like the weather is going to be gorgeous up here. I intend to spend most of the weekend working on the book, but maybe I'll try to get outside for some of it. Right now, though, I should go to bed, since I have to be at work by 8:30 tomorrow and would ideally get there sooner than that so that I can get out of there tomorrow afternoon. Goodnight!

No comments: