Monday, September 15, 2008

i've got a fever and the only thing that will cure it is subjugating natives

I desperately want to go to bed and so am trying something new -- I have a timer set for four minutes, and this post will end abruptly as soon as the timer goes off!

Today was a good day -- catch-up days after vacation are never fun, but I got some awesome news in the middle of it. My brother sent me an email saying that they're making a new version of 'Colonization', a 'Civilization' spinoff last released in 1994. I played a lot of 'Colonization' back freshman year of college, which, with the subjugate-natives and pillage-villages and build-colonies focus, likely contributed to Claudia thinking that I was a rather bad roommate for her.

It comes out next week, and I've already preordered it. I'm surprised that the concept has survived our politically-correct world, but I'm super psyched. What I'm not super psyched about is that I feel like I might be catching whatever has been going around the office...if I have to catch it, why can't I wait until I have a game to play while I recuperate?

After work, I had a long dinner with Terry, whose birthday was yesterday, so that was v. good. However, as a result I didn't get home until after eight p.m., and then I sort of messed around and didn't accomplish much after that. I made a lot of plans to see people this week, since I was a recluse the past couple of weeks, but there's a part of me that would prefer recovering via romance-reading, game-playing, and early-sleeping, rather than drinks at restaurants and general socializing. But, I'm looking forward to the plans I have, so I think it will be good for me to get out of the house.

Goodnight!

No comments: