Monday, September 08, 2008

your feet make tiny imprints in the snow

I meant to work on the novel tonight, but I ended up staying at work "late" -- I left around seven, which is the latest that I've stayed since coming back from leave, but early compared to when I used to stop working. But by the time I made it back to San Francisco, made dinner, and procrastinated, I was starting to get tired -- and since the remaining work to do with my novel is either writing new scenes or rewriting tricky scenes, I'm not really in the mood right now, so I'm going to sleep early.

Today was pretty great, though. The meetings that I had were generally fine, and I like the team I work with, so all of that was good. I had lunch with Jay, one of my favorite people at work because of his infectious lust for life; I don't see him very often, but it was awesome to catch up. In a surreal moment, we were joined within thirty seconds by two people I haven't seen in two years, as well as my friend Kim who was on leave for the past couple of months; they didn't stick around, but it was a very strange moment. Terry and I spent a few quality minutes in my office discussing life and work, and then I got some stuff done that needed to be taken care of.

The highlights of the day were talking to Chandlord on the phone right before I left the office, and IM'ing with Salim (who informed me that Dear Respected Madam - aka Heather - hates me because I haven't emailed her in a month). The only real lowlight came when I discovered that my ipod may have spontaneously died; it worked this morning on the way to work, and now it won't wake up or charge or play or anything. Boooooo. So now I'm going to go to bed and mourn my ipod; hopefully tomorrow I'll get around to working on the book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check this out: http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2008/september10/videos/367_flash.html (you can also navigate to this by clicking on my name)