Wednesday, December 02, 2009

i want your love and i want your revenge

I didn't accomplish enough today, but in my defense I felt sick to my stomach most of the day; I had to be at work by 8am for a two-hour meeting during which I had to present a segment, and I was afraid I was going to throw up during my presentation. After that, I went to the doctor (luckily, I already had a checkup scheduled unrelated to my recent plague), and she confirmed that I don't have swine flu and instead just have a cold + the usual stomachaches I get when I'm stressed/tired/have been traveling. The cold is actually much better; my throat doesn't hurt anymore, so I just have the sniffles.

After that, I went back to my office and tried to work for a few hours, but was only partially successful. The only real things I accomplished were a nice twenty-minute conversation with Joy and a long end-of-day conversation with Gyre -- it's amazing that Gyre and I still sit on the same floor, but because we are located in areas that the other one never walks by, we never see each other. We happened to run into each other in the kitchen, so we hung out in my office for awhile and caught up, which was nice. I kind of feel like I don't have friends at work anymore, since most of my friends from the good old days have either switched departments, switched offices, or quit, but Gyre and I are still holding down the fort (after six years, crazy).

I was home by six p.m., and I did about an hour and a half of real work to compensate for the time I spent gossiping. Adit asked me to take him to the airport tonight, and I convinced him that we should go to the Korean hot pot place first, since I had been craving spicy soup. Unfortunately, it turned into a complete debacle; it only took ten minutes to get seated, but half an hour after we ordered, they still hadn't started cooking our food, and so we left without eating so that he wouldn't miss his flight. We made it to the airport in time, and then I came home and ate the reheated hot and sour soup that I would have eaten anyway, but it was much more disappointing and disgusting since I had come so tantalizingly close to having hot pot instead. Sigh.

Now, though, I should really really get some sleep; I need to be more productive tomorrow if I have any hope of getting out of there and writing (and even more importantly, writing this weekend). Goodnight!

No comments: