Sunday, April 24, 2011

let's make love and listen to death from above

Today was mildly unpleasant, but by the end of it I went with my tried and true cure of seeking solace in a book, which worked wonders. It's been years since anyone close to me has died, and I suppose I'd forgotten what fresh grief felt like. And anyway, it's not just my own grief that I'm feeling; while I may not be in touch with my own emotions, I have an overabundance of empathy, and I'm heartbroken for what Jenni is going through over losing her fiancee.

So I forced myself up and about to start getting things done before my trip. I got a lot of sleep last night, which was nice, and then I drank some tea, showered, and went to Joanie's for a slightly late brunch. I made a long to-do list, then prioritized it and broke it down into tasks I need to accomplish on each of the days between now and when I leave. I did okay on the list today; I went to Target and got some stuff I needed, picked up my dry cleaning, came home, washed two loads of towels, put away all my clothes, and cleaned my bedroom. I should have kept going, but the next task on the list was to judge some entries for a romance contest I'm judging, and I couldn't bear the idea of reading stuff that might bring me no enjoyment. So, I read a book instead.

And now, because this entry is so boring and I have nothing else to report, I will be merciful to you and keep it brief so that we all can move on with our day (or our night, in my case). I should get some sleep anyway, since my to-do list for tomorrow is long and arduous. Goodnight!

No comments: