Monday, April 25, 2011

go on brush your shoulders off

I am quite amazed at my own productivity today - not that I was the most productive person in the world, but I was certainly more productive than I usually like to be on a Sunday. I managed to wash and fold four loads of laundry, reorganize my linen closet, change the sheets and duvet cover on my bed, clean out my car, organize some of the stuff that I need to take to Iowa, talk to my parents, and read all four entries that I needed to read for a contest that I'm judging. Doesn't that all sound lovely? Unfortunately, I felt vaguely nauseous all day, which I hope doesn't turn into anything worse, but it was probably just a combo of stress and the fact that I didn't eat anything after lunch yesterday until I decided to have a bowl of frosted flakes at 10pm.

But as a result, I have nothing interesting to share with you. I can't talk about the contest entries -- although the good news was that they were a) shorter than the last contest I judged and b) all were mechanically well-written even if some had nonsensical plots or started with way too much backstory. Unfortunately, I can't just assign a score -- I need to give comments with the scores, so I'm going to have to put in some quality time on it either tomorrow or Tuesday to finish it off before I leave on my trip. And as for the rest of the day -- well, laundry is laundry, and I have no entertaining laundry stories to share with you.

And so, I think I'll go to bed early; I need to get into the habit of going to be earlier and getting up earlier if I'm going to survive my drive across the Great American West. Goodnight!

No comments: