Tuesday, April 26, 2011

written in the stars a million miles away

I'm slowly but surely crossing things off my to-do list, even though I don't particularly want to do any of it. As a result, I have nothing of interest to report here tonight. I mean, seriously, nothing.

So if you're still here, don't say I didn't warn you. I woke up in time to make it into the gym, where I got a massage (yes, my life is rough) in an attempt to get some of the tension out of my shoulders and calves before starting my drive across the Great American West. I don't think I was particularly successful, since my back still hurts, but given that I'm stressed, sad, and generally in a local minima, I'm neither surprised nor particularly enthusiastic about the chances that it will magically heal itself tomorrow. Then, I ran some errands, grabbed a late lunch, came home, did some stuff on zee internet, took a nap, did some more stuff, and went to Stanford campus with the intention of doing all the scoring for the contest entries I read last night.

I ended up only doing one, which took well over an hour, and so I'm a bit concerned about how long it will take to score the other three. But, I ran out of patience for the exercise, so I came home, procrastinated a bit, answered a whole bunch of email that I'd been avoiding, and squared away some bill payments and tings.

And now, I think I shall go to bed. Don't worry, the blog will get more interesting starting tomorrow, since I have things happening outside the house with real people (amazing!) and am then leaving on my trip. But the next thirty hours or so are going to be chaotic, since I'm hoping to get out of here bright and early on Wednesday and haven't even started packing. I guess the good news (?) is that since I'm flying back here on Friday for James's funeral, I can grab anything I missed. That's an odd way to handle a road trip, but so be it. Goodnight!

No comments: