Wednesday, April 06, 2011

remains a sordid twist of fate

My sleep schedule is totally messed up; I'm staying up too late, compensating by taking afternoon naps, and then repeating the cycle. Luckily, there aren't really any consequences for this, and I still got done everything that I intended to do today. I made it into the gym for my session with Alyssa, and the workout was good even though I had some sort of weird strain in my left calf that has made walking painful for the past couple of days. After I finished up at the gym, I came home, took care of some stuff online, ate lunch (eggs over easy and toast, mmm), contemplated working, and instead took a nap. But, I did rouse myself and start working on my project for the day, which was to take a final pass of Madeleine and Ferguson's story looking for typos. I didn't get very far in the late afternoon, though, since Chandlord came over to spend some quality time in my log cabin of food and merriment.

She was lucky she came over; I foisted half of a pizza and half of a tray of chocolate chip chewies on her, mostly since I needed to get the stuff out of my house before I ate any more of it. I also made her a latte while we discussed life, travel, etc., and so our visit was quite lowely. After she left, I had a salad (mourning the loss of the pizza, but it had to be done), then packed up a bunch of books that were due today and went to Stanford library to drop them off. I stayed there for a couple of hours proofreading, then came home and finished proofreading sometime after midnight. It took some time to enter the edits (I was proofreading on the Kindle, since I thought I would catch more mistakes by switching formats, which seemed to work -- I had 30 or so things that I caught, which stunned me since I thought the manuscript was clean before), and then I read some blogs and procrastinated for a bit.

Now, however, I really must go to bed; I have a call with my agent tomorrow, and then I need to either start writing Ellie's story or plot something else (gargoyles, anyone?). Goodnight!

No comments: