Friday, April 01, 2011

take it on the run

I'm utterly out of words and I need to go to bed immediately, but I finished my synopsis. It would have been nice if my productivity had started a few hours earlier so that I could have gone to bed at midnight, but at least it happened.

The first part of my day, though, was mostly fun; I made it into the gym for my training session with Alyssa, and we decided to upgrade to three times a week until the romance conference so that I can buy the most smashing dress possible. I did some cardio after we worked out, showered, came home, and ate some lunch while starting to think about the synopsis. I didn't get very far, though, and eventually abandoned it to go to Starbucks with some of my old workflow people -- Vickie happened to be in town from Seattle, and a bunch of people showed up (including Heather, Ray, Tiffany, Renee, Ariel, and Brittany). Not everyone could stay very long, since they mostly had jobs; but Renee had the day off, and so Renee, Vickie, Tiffany and I hung out for a bit longer. It was lovely to be out in the sun, even if it was almost too hot -- it was ninety degrees, which was a sharp and sudden contrast to the last few weeks of rain. I left them around four, came home, ate a snack, stared at the synopsis, ate an early dinner because the snack wasn't enough, took a nap, and finally started plotting...

...and I think I have a solid plot, which is awesome. I actually plotted it using post-its on a display board, and it seems to flow quite well, with good balance between internal and external plot conflicts. Then, I typed it up, and kept editing to try to make the emotions clear without overwhelming the synopsis with actions. I ended up with six and a half pages, which seems reasonable. I still need to proofread it one more time, but I'm going to go to bed and do it in the morning before sending it to my agent.

And now, I should really go to sleep -- goodnight!

No comments: