Monday, May 21, 2012

my heart will go on

I'm beyond tired and must go to bed immediately - I'm starting to get cracking on my writing career again, and so I need to work as much as I can the next couple of days to get caught up and write again. Today, though, was mostly about family - Aunt B came down briefly this morning, and then I had to shower and drive my mother over to Moravia for my nephew's high school graduation.

The ceremony was nice, albeit long; they only had 24 kids in their graduating class, so they combined scholarship/awards announcements with the commencement itself, which really extended teh length of the program. But, I'm glad I went; my nephew is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself, and it was good to see him for a little bit. Also, I've been to grad parties in churches, and I've been to parties in machine sheds, but this is the first party I've ever been to that was in a machine shed that has been converted into a church. Amazing. His grad party was nice, replete with pulled pork, party potatoes, and baked beans, and everyone was in good spirits.

When we got home, we found that one of my mom's garden club friends had brought a crockpot with a pork roast and some potatoes/carrots for us and visited with my dad for a bit, which was nice of her. So, we ate more meat, and then adjourned to the living room, where everyone tried to stay awake to watch Tom Selleck's latest made for tv movie (mostly to no avail). And then I worked until now, but I can't keep my eyes open anymore, so I guess that's all for tonight. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Graduation Parties ROCK. Who knew?

In a class of less than 100, not all of whom live on farms or acreages, we know of at least four households, ours included, that put new gravel on their driveways. Do the quarrys realize that there is a graduation party uptick in their business?

The three score Uncle.