Thursday, May 17, 2012

take a bite of my heart tonight

I am chilling at the hospital, spending the night with my dad while my mom gets some rest and [censored] takes care of things on the homefront. I spent last night at home, and realized that it was the first time I've ever slept in that house by myself - so I slept with my door locked, which may have been ridiculous since I'm quite used to sleeping along. But half the county knows my dad is in the hospital, so if anyone was going to break in, this week would have been the time (except for the fact that [censored] and/or I have been there every night except Sunday). So I parked the truck in the driveway rather than the garage to show habitation and locked everything, two precautions that are usually totally unnecessary.

But I survived without getting murdered in my bed, and was only disturbed by the sound of our usual pair of geese trying to fight off an intruding pair of geese, since they like to keep our pond to themselves every year. When I woke up, I talked to my agent for an hour or so about marketing strategies for SCOTSMEN, since it's selling but not as well as HEIRESS. Then I fed the cats (who were no doubt miffed that I woke up at 9 instead of at 5 like their usual caretakers), watered the miniature cows, took care of some other things, and drove to Des Moines to hang out at the hospital. Dad is doing really well and should go home tomorrow, if things continue to progress as they are, so that's good news. But in the meantime, I'm sleeping here tonight, and then driving back home tomorrow so that I can take Gram to Drew's graduation party on Saturday -- four hours in a truck with someone who repeats herself every five minutes should qualify me for a medal, right? Goodnight!

No comments: