Sunday, May 13, 2012

stop in the name of love before you break my heart

I'm full of beef brisket and high on caffeine, so bear with me. Today was all about running errands and taking care of business. I woke up earlier than I usually do when I'm home (ten a.m., so shocking), had breakfast (Greek yogurt, strawberries, and some gluten-free granola - possibly the first time two of those three food items have darkened the door of our county), and hung out with my mom and made notes of things to take care of. Then I showered, packed up some tings, cut up some veggies and fruits to freeze, ran some errands in both the towns near us, made some coffee, watched my dad water his miniature cows, and loaded my stuff up in [censored]'s truck. The fam came up to Des Moines to spend the night, which is proving to be our second-worst family vacation ever; the first-worst also involved sleeping in this particular hotel, but started by going several hours out of our way to play mini-golf in Missouri, which we didn't do this time.

Once we got up here, we ended up having supper at the Iowa Machine Shed, which is a gigantic restaurant where the staff wear overalls and there's some sort of tractor/hayrack that people rode around on outside. We were all going to have prime rib, but they only had prime rib medium well, which is an abomination. So, my parents had steak and my brother and I had beef brisket, which may have been an upgrade. Then we came back to the hotel and my brother and I have been watching the finale of "Survivor", which I know nothing about, but I always like to catch up on such fine CBS programming while I'm home.

And now that I've fulfilled my blog obligations, I think I'll go to bed - goodnight!

No comments: