Saturday, April 26, 2014

hey little sister, what have you done

I meant to be in bed two hours ago...and I also meant to write a lot today. Both of those were probably pipe dreams, since I had my event all day today, but a girl can dream. However, the event was super awesome. I had seven people at my table, six of whom had specifically reserved to sit with me and one of whom was so laughably not interested that it made for good fodder for everyone else. And the group was really fun, so the conversation was great. After the luncheon, there was a book signing, and I sold out my books in the first twenty minutes, which was both gratifying and frustrating (gratifying to sell out quickly, frustrating because I probably could have sold another four or five books if B&N had ordered more).

Then, I had intended to hole up and write all night. But the opportunity presented itself to go out for dinner with some of the readers from my table + their friends, which meant I could see more of Milwaukee than this airport hotel, so I jumped at it. We had tasty Mexican food with a ridiculously large margarita, and then went to a pretty cool bar where an irish coffee sounded like a good idea (it's really cold here). The group was super fun, and it's cool to start getting to know people; two of the women were a mother/daughter I had met randomly at RomCon in Denver two years ago, and they were the ones who had recommended that their friends sit at my table. So all the little steps I've been taking to meet people and get my name out there seem to be working, even if it feels horribly mercenary to say that.

But now I'm desperate for sleep; I need to write in the morning before packing and having brunch and going to the airport, so wish me luck. Goodnight!

No comments: