Friday, April 25, 2014

she's always a woman to me

I'm in Milwaukee at this reader event, after a rather boring day of travel. I woke up early this morning so that I could finish packing and have breakfast with the family before [censored] took me to the airport in Des Moines. So I waved goodbye to my parents at home rather than at the airport; hopefully I'll make it back sometime this summer. [censored] got me to the airport right on time, which was still way too early since it took all of ten minutes to check my bag and get through security (I love the Des Moines airport). So I sat around there, sat around on the plane to Minneapolis (a forty-five minute flight is too short for drink service and also too short to pull out zee laptop). Then I sat in a restaurant in Minneapolis and wrote a page or two of Thorington's book before boarding another short flight to Milwaukee.

When I got here, I had to immediately go into author mode; I ran into some readers as soon as I got into the check-in line at the hotel who informed me that they'd bought tickets for my table, so that was super exciting. I'm still enough of a newbie that things like that totally make my day. But I had to hustle up to my room to freshen up/change before this Q&A thing, which took an hour and a half, and while it was quite entertaining, I was starving by the end of it. So I snuck back to my room and ate a snack, then went back to the bar and forced myself to mingle for an hour. Then I came back to my room, ordered room service, stuffed the gift bags I'm giving out tomorrow, and wrote two more pages of Thorington.

And now I desperately need to sleep if I'm going to be on tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: