Sunday, April 20, 2014

you had to have the white-hot spotlight

Happy Easter! I spent it as I always spend it when I happen to be in Iowa for the holiday - at my Uncle Mark and Aunt Kathy's house for Easter dinner. I rode up with [censored] and enjoyed the limited-time-only nonstop Billy Joel station on satellite radio, which brought back many memories. Then we partook of a veritable feast of ham, green beans, sweet potatoes, and layered lettuce, which was super yummy. [censored], Drewbaby, and I sat at the kids' table, which had a surprisingly high number of references to alcohol given that it was the kids' table. But Aunt B wasn't there to keep us in line, so things got a bit out of hand.

We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting (that's 'conversing' for you cityfolk) on the back porch, where it was eighty degrees with a brisk breeze. Then, [censored] left me to the trauma of riding back with our parents and grandmother. We stopped at Walmart (double trauma) so I could pick up a couple of things I needed (we tried Target, but it was closed), and Gram only asked me when I was leaving about a dozen times, so I guess it was all good. And then I watched an episode of 'The Good Wife' (I really need to binge watch the whole thing), ate some leftovers, came downstairs, wrote in my journal, and am now contemplating bed. I have to call into a work meeting tomorrow, but I'm debating whether to do any more work for them during the day or whether to write like mad. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: