Tuesday, December 15, 2015

with your love nobody can drag me down

I had a lovely first day in ye olde Iowa - I slept in, had breakfast with my mom, unpacked, showered, and then did some actual business. The business was a video call with someone working on something related to tech and romance, and I thought it was going to last ~45mins, but it took 2.5 hours. I really hit it off with the woman I was talking to, which meant that a lot of our conversation turned into tangential rants about women in tech (my favorite!), but the romance side of the conversation was good as well. She also told me I need to date a Pixar animator, so if any of you know any, let's get on that, shall we?

sssanyway. After the call, I was starving and headachy, so I downed some more coffee and some leftover chili that I found in the fridge (the chili of my youth is v. v. different from the chili of my adulthood, in that it has more tomato juice, which was great when I loaded it up with crushed saltines....but the chili was still tasty, especially after I dumped cheese into it to try to mainline calories before I fainted). Then, my mom and I went into town to get groceries, where I ran into several people from my youth (my sixth-grade English teacher, who is also [censored]'s [censored]'s [censored]; a guy only Katie would remember, since he was witness to the time that I gave a presentation in high school while, bizarrely, only one of my nipples was on alert; and Heather, whom Katie and I worked with at the convenience store).

After escaping town, I came home and dove headfirst into political drama, since the debates were on (and my parents and I had our own mini-debate in the kitchen while the undercard debate was going on, and while we ate supper (crab legs and baked potatoes, yum)). Then we watched the rest of the main debate, to which I offer no comment. And then I watched the news, and all of Stephen Colbert, before realizing that I need to go to sleep immediately - I'm now wondering if my headachey faintness earlier was because I was feeling the renewed onslaught of the potential cold that I've kept fighting off for the last couple of weeks. So I downed some vitamins and am going to sleep and hope for the best - goodnight!

No comments: