Monday, December 07, 2015

blow a kiss, fire a gun

I have nothing that I care to share with you today, but I'll cobble together something. I woke up feeling like I might be coming down with something, so I canceled on lunch with Gyre and lazed in bed for awhile (necessary, since I hadn't slept well last night). But I eventually got out of bed, did some bona fide work, showered, ate a snack, and went to San Mateo to write with Barbara and Anne. This turned into more talking than writing, but since I was in the mood to talk, that wasn't such a bad thing. But I reread a bunch of notes on my young adult series and realized I have some good stuff going, so I'm going to keep going with it for awhile and see if it helps me to get back into the writing groove.

Then I drove back to the city, braving the traffic on 280, and stopped at Starbucks to grab tea - probably ill-advised, and I might be up all night ruminating thanks to the caffeine, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Then I came home, opened a bottle of wine, ordered a pizza, and dealt with a variety of email-related tasks until now.

And now, on that incredibly boring note, I shall leave you in suspense for another day to see if tomorrow's post is more interesting. Goodnight!

No comments: