Wednesday, July 08, 2009

don't you know your kingdom's under siege?

Today was quite an excellent day, helped along by the fact that I made a major breakthrough with the event that I'm planning for work -- I scored professional production help for all of the videos that we're playing between different speakers, thus minimizing one of the biggest headaches on my plate. After that unexpected coup, I was almost giddy the rest of the day. Even better, I took of at 5:15pm and went to Stanford Shopping Center, where I got more tinsel put in my hair in anticipation of next week's romance conference. I went with this dark reddish-pinkish (burgundy?) color that looks nice, although I think I may have liked the purple better. But it's still pretty cool, and I love the way it looks, so I'm a pretty happy camper. I also treated myself to a pedicure after the tinseling, and I'm glad I did because my feet were getting pretty hardened and nasty from my incessant flip-flop-wearing.

While I was getting a pedicure, I started reading a book about he power of Twitter on my Kindle. It's a lot of pressure to start twittering full-time as my romance novel alter ego; while whatever I do will inevitably contain glimpses of my real life, I need to start building content so that I can build followers. The book is good so far, although I haven't gotten into the real meat of it, so I'll keep you posted.

That's all for now - I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, which is a v. bad thing. Luckily I get to sleep in a bit tomorrow, as my first meeting is in SF at 10am. Goodnight!

No comments: