Monday, July 13, 2009

it's all in my mind

Craziness -- I almost forgot to post here tonight! I wrote a really long post on the romance blog, and you will have to check it out there if you want to read about what I did today (including the Library of Congress, the Museum of the American Indian, and the best burger place in DC) as I will not be reproducing the same details here. In fact, you can expect that the detail-heavy posts will go over there, since it's a great opportunity to build out content, use Twitter to start engaging with other authors, etc.

But, I will tell you that today was a great day, even if I probably should have gone to bed three hours ago and have now screwed myself over in terms of the jetlag. I really like what I've seen of DC -- granted, since that mostly consisted of a library, museums, and food, I would be hard-pressed not to like it. But I'm glad that the conference is here and giving me an excuse to visit. I think every American should come to DC at least once; I know that I'm a bit more patriotic than some, but seeing drafts of the Declaration of Independence is almost a religious experience (which the Founders might find ironic, given their attempts to split out church and state).

Okay, I really must go to bed -- check out the romance blog for more!

No comments: