Monday, July 20, 2009

they left a strange impression in my head

This is a four-minute post. Coming back to work today was very, very hard. This was mostly driven by exhaustion, apathy, and the lingering effects of euphoria. In fact, I didn't make it into the office until almost eleven, and then I left promptly at 3:30pm. However, it's not like I completely slacked off; I worked for the past four hours, but I did it from the comfort of my couch while doing laundry. And, I found that stroking my golden heart pendant while in the office made me feel better, even if that means I run the risk of weathering the pendant more than the average winner.

But, I had lunch with John, and I had entertaining conversations with Heather (aka dear respected madam) and Tania over VC, so that helped to preserve my mood. I also got an overpriced coffee at Philz on the way back up to the city, which was as lovely as usual. While I'm a bit distraught at the idea that I'm moving in a week and the big event I'm planning for work is now only a month away, at least I'm making quick progress in settling back in to the day job so that I can stay sane for a bit longer.

Okay, no more blogging -- I desperately need to sleep so that I can get to work at a reasonable hour tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments: